Here are some links to articles and other resources that describe more about how our values can “meet the road,” and how a nonviolent approach to living facilitates both more fulfillment and greater enjoyment in living in community. If you would like more understanding or to bring any of these principles and practices into your life or community, we’re happy to share our current understandings of these approaches. You can write to us here.
- Connecting with Ourselves by Inbal Kashtan
Connecting with Others
- Key Assumptions and Intentions of NVC (Nonviolent Communication) by Bay NVC
- Basics of Nonviolent Communication
Group Decision Making
- Formal Consensus A concise description. It may be helpful for folks new to this approach to decision making to read the manual.
- On Conflict and Consensus: A Handbook on Formal Consensus Decision-Making, by C.T. Butler and Amy Rothstein A short, readable manual on what we’re calling values-based consensus.
Leadership and Creating Change
- Leadership from Below: On Becoming a Change Agent by Miki Kashtan
- Intentional Communities Website: provides information on the intentional communities movement including a searchable Communities Directory and hundreds of articles on community. Published by the FIC.
Toward a Zero-Waste Lifestyle
- Waste is not only an environmental issue but also a deep and under-discussed social justice, global justice, and class issue.
- The Zero Waste Home blog provides inspiration and practical steps for a lifestyle change that supports social justice by ending institutionalized waste.
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way we Make Things: describes a hopeful, nature-inspired vision of design principles that would make human technology and industry both prosperous and sustainable.